Update: As of June 1, 2020, the CentraCom offices are open to the public. We ask visitors to use proper PPE and distancing measures to help everyone to be safe.
At CentraCom, the safety and well-being of our customers and employees is a top priority. To minimize the spread of COVID-19 and still provide service to our customers, we have been asked by our Federal and State leaders to limit gatherings to 10 or fewer people and to practice social distancing. In response, beginning Monday, March 23, 2020, we are temporarily closing our offices to the public. With this structure, we can continue to meet your needs. Office team members are available to service customer accounts and open new accounts over the phone or with live chat on our website www.centracom.com.
CentraCom is committed to offering reliable, resilient communications service to our customers, in good times and in times of crisis. We anticipate the COVID-19 viral outbreak will increase Internet usage demands as more customers find themselves working, learning and otherwise staying at home.
We are implementing the following strategies to protect our customers and employees, while also keeping our network performing for you.
- Our network infrastructure is built and maintained to anticipate future demand, not simply to keep up with what today might bring.
- Our Continuity Plan further addresses crisis events. The cornerstone is a robust, redundant network with backup systems strategically placed to safeguard against unexpected disruptions in the network. We are taking steps to monitor available bandwidth and will increase staffing to address isolated incidents if they arise.
- Our geographically diverse workforce is able to transfer traffic, inquiries, and workload to alternate locations if needed. Our workforce is also equipped to work from home as much as necessary to adapt to evolving CDC recommendations.
- All non-essential travel and in-person meetings are being suspended in lieu of virtual meetings.
- Any staff that interacts directly with customers has received additional hygiene training and sanitation toolkits, to ensure both the employee and the customer is fully protected.
- Before scheduling business or in-home visits, customers will be asked if anyone in the home or business has exhibited symptoms within the past 48 hours. To maximize everyone’s safety and to prevent further spread of illness, our staff may ask for your cooperation in rescheduling service appointments if the status has changed by the time of the appointment.
- We would like to proactively ask for your patience when it comes to scheduling on-premise technician visits. We may experience some unavoidable periods of peak demand if we have staff following CDC recommendations for self-isolation.
- Finally, we are committed to supporting customers who are the hardest hit by the economic challenges attributed to the outbreak. Customers directly impacted by the coronavirus pandemic will remain connected and late fees will be suspended for at least the next 60 days.
- New customers with students will be eligible for free internet access until May 31, 2020, to help assist with work or school-at-home scenarios.
If you have any service-related questions or concerns, please reach out to us at 1-800-427-8449. You may also visit our website 24/7 to obtain up-to-date account information.
At CentraCom, we are doing everything we can to minimize risks and continue serving you.
Thank you and continue to be safe.